WESTOVER — Highlights from Tuesday’s Harmony Area School Board’s rescheduled meeting include:
1. The board extended an agreement with Mark Gobert to serve as the district’s athletic director. His salary for the position is to be determined by the district’s fee schedule.
2. The board hired coaches for the 2019-20 school year. They are, Matt Woods, boys varsity basketball; Sean McMullen, girls varsity basketball; Harvey Westover, varsity baseball; and Melissa Masterine, varsity softball.
3. The board accepted the 2019-20 lease agreement with CenClear that allows the Head Start program to be conducted at the school’s complex during the 2019-20 school year. There are no changes from the current year’s lease agreement.
4. The board approved a contrct with Dennis Harkleroad to provide busing service for one year during the 2019-20 school year.
5. The board hired Sonya Buterbaugh as special education instructor and Jeanie Dishong, personal care aide for the extended school year program held during July. Their pay will be based on the collective bargaining agreement with the units representing the professional and non-professional staff.
6. The board approved 33 cents per hour raises for the superintendent’s Secretary Dara Campbell and business office Secretary Abby Rorabaugh.
7. The board accepted the resignation of music Instructor Samantha Aufman, retroactive to June 6, and approved advertising the part-time music instructor position.