Ammerman presides at motions court|
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Clearfield County President Judge Fredric J. Ammerman presided over a session of motions court Aug. 13.
• Justin W. Moore, 23, state correctional institution, had a motion for reconsideration of sentence denied. In July, he was ordered to serve one to three years in the SCI on a violation of probation. He is charged with criminal trespass. He asked the court to reduce his maximum sentence from three years to two years.
• Lindsay S. McClure, 36, 75 Luthersburg-Rockton Road, Luthersburg, had a commonwealth motion for reconsideration of sentence taken under advisement. In June, she was ordered to serve nine months to two years less one day in Clearfield County Jail on a charge of burglary and was granted work release. She is charged with violating the terms of her work release. The commonwealth requested the court resentence her to an SCI.
• Hunter R. Anderson, 20, 401 East St., Philipsburg, had a petition to lift bench warrant and reinstate bail granted. He is charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and bail is set at $5,000 straight. He failed to show for pretrial conferences in March.
• Matthew J. Kelce, 23, 139 Grant St., Sykesville, had a petition to lift bench warrant and reinstate bail granted. He is charged with unsworn falsification to authorities and bail was set at $2,500. Kelce failed to appear for his preliminary hearing in November 2012 and arraignment court in December 2012.
• Christopher L. Reams, 32, 5916 Glen Hope Blvd., Glen Hope, had a motion to withdraw his plea withdrawn. He is charged with rape of a child and other sexual charges and entered an open plea of guilty in February 2013. He told his counsel that he had a desire to withdraw his plea agreement.
A petition from his counsel to withdraw as counsel on record was also denied. Reams told his counsel he feels they are not looking out for his best interests. He is represented by the public defender's office. Reams is to be scheduled for sentencing in September.
• Scott Robison, 29, CCJ, had a motion to amend his sentencing order granted. In May 2013, he was incarcerated in CCJ due to his failing to comply with his contempt of court order issued in March 2013. The order indicated he receive a six-month suspended jail sentence on the condition he notify the collection office within five working days of his receipt of a settlement from a motor vehicle accident. He is then to pay all money due in full. He failed to do so and as a result the suspended sentence was imposed. He asked the court to set a purge amount. The court reset it at $1,500.
• William J. Bowie, 33, SCI, had a motion for reconsideration of sentence taken under advisement. In July, he was ordered to serve one to three years in the SCI consecutive to all charges currently being served on a charge of possession of a controlled substance. He is currently serving a 8½-17 years sentence and asked the court to make his sentence concurrent.
• Lamont Marshall, 56, SCI, had a motion to modify sentence denied. In July, he was found in violation of his probation and on two separate cases of delivery of marijuana, he was ordered to serve six months to five years in the Western Diagnostic Classifi-cation Center, Pittsburgh.
• Joshua J. Park, 34, SCI, had a motion for reconsideration of sentence denied. In July, he was ordered to serve six months to five years on charges of retail theft and criminal conspiracy/retail theft to be served consecutive to each other. He asked the court to change his maximum sentence.
• Mamadou K. Sall, 32, 6031 N. Kenmors Ave., Chicago, had a petition to withdraw as counsel granted. He is charged with driving under the influence.
• Patrick A. MacCrory, 48, 735 State St., West Grove, had a post-sentence motion denied. In July he was ordered to serve 90 days to one year in CCJ after being found guilty at trial. He requested to serve his sentence in Chester County. A verbal request for appear bond was granted and bail was set at $1,500 unsecured.
• Stephanie J. Goho, 26, 544 Mount Joy Road, Clearfield, had a motion to amend order granted. In July, she was ordered to serve 90 days to one year in CCJ on a charge of theft by unlawful taking. She was ordered to report to CCJ on Aug. 26. She asked for a delay due to her husband being on house arrest until Sept. 2. The court ordered her to report Sept. 3.
• David C. Wooster, 34, 417 N. Fourth St., DuBois, had a motion for withdrawal of counsel granted. He is charged with seven counts of retail theft.
The following people had a motion to compel discovery granted:
• Russell D. Wilson, 56, 457 Fawn Lane, Morrisdale, charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance. He was also granted permission for extension of time to file any pretrial motions.
• Amanda C. Donley, 23, 116 W. Long Ave., DuBois, charged with retail theft.
• Austin C. Eheart, 20, Palymyra, N.Y., charged with robbery.
• Ryan M. Gaines, 28, Morrisdale, charged with theft by unlawful taking.
• Brandon J. Ramos, 26, CCJ, charged with theft by unlawful taking.
• Kyle A. Wilson, 20, CCJ, charged with theft by unlawful taking.
• Sandra L. Wilson, 49, CCJ, charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance.
• Yafest M. Oliver, 24, SCI, charged with prohibited offensive weapons.
• David V. Irwin, 51, Grampian, charged with DUI. He also had a motion to extend time for filing pretrial motions granted. He was given an additional 30 days.
• James J. Gearhart, 41, 360 Cain Road, DuBois, charged with child pornography.
• Edward F. Elensky Jr., 30, Hedgesville, W.Va., charged with theft by unlawful taking.
• Coty M. Frailey, 34, 1338 Old Route 322, Philipsburg, charged with retail theft.
• Brian L. Hynd, 34, Clearfield, charged with disorderly conduct.
• Denise A. Martzall, 49, 416 W. Spruce Alley, DuBois, charged with retail theft.
• Dawn M. Wolfe, 47, 117 South Ave., DuBois, charged with DUI.
The following people were granted permission to extend their time for filing pretrial motions:
• Howard E. Johns Jr., 45, 120 Quarry Ave., DuBois, charged with DUI.
• Michael J. Rea, 38, 1466 Main St., Hastings, charged with DUI.
• Robert V. Ressler, 60, Clearfield, charged with DUI.
• Alexander R. Deible, 19, 325 Ann St., Reynoldsville, charged with rape of child.