Judge Ammerman presides at motions court|
Monday, April 22, 2013
Clearfield County President Judge Fredric J. Ammerman presided over a session of motions court April 9.
• Corey S. Eminhizer, 32, 6448 Kylertown-Drifting Highway, Drifting, had a petition to lift a bench warrant and reinstate bail granted. He is charged with two separate cases of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and receiving stolen property and failure to appear for criminal call in January. Bail was set at $2,500 secured and the order forfeiting bail was recinded.
• Garrett K. Witherite, 20, 413 Merrill St., Clearfield, had a post-sentence motion to withdraw his plea taken under advisement. In March, he was ordered to serve 75 days to one year in Clearfield County Jail on a charge of retail theft.
• Rebecca J. Williams, 55, 922 McAteer St., Houtzdale, had a motion for extension of time granted. She is charged with institutional sexual assault and the court gave her 60 days to file any omnibus pretrial motions.
• John O. Carolus, 46, 1195 Friendly Acre Road, Curwensville, had a motion for return of property granted. In December, he was placed on three years' probation on a charge of theft by unlawful taking.
• James Blake, 60, Patton, had notice of objection to registration requirements dismissed based upon lack of jurisdiction. Due to recent changes in Megan's Law, which requires registration of his addresses for the remainder of his life for certain crimes, Blake is now required to register for the remainder of his life. He was previously only required to register for ten years. In July 2003, he was found guilty at jury trial to three counts of corruption of minors and ordered to serve 12 months to two years in the Western Diagnostic Classifica-tion Center, Pittsburgh, in addition to two years' consecutive probation.
• Jason T. Colbert, 40, 1105 S. Second St., Clearfield, had a motion to withdraw al counsel granted. He is charged with theft by deception.
The following motions for discovery filed by the defense were granted:
• Robert E. Kearney, 38, Cambria County Prison, charged with simple assault.
• Louise Lamboy, 45, state correctional institution, charged with retail theft.
• Larry C. Wallace, 52, 404 S. Second St., Clearfield, charged with driving under the influence.
• Brandon R. McQuillen, 26, Mineral Springs, charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• Jacqueline D. Guido, 38, 98 Hanes Drive, DuBois, charged with aggravated assault.
• David J. Allen, 27, SCI, charged with burglary.
The following motions to compel discovery for the commonwealth were granted:
• Patrick A. MacCrory, 48, 735 State St., West Grove, charged with DUI. The court ordered the defense to provide the commonwealth with any eye witness names and addresses or any expert witnesses which may testify at trial.
• Robert N. Scott, 20, 751 U.S. Route 119, Punxsutawney, charged with terroristic threats.