The Progressive Publishing Company
Our 102nd Year Serving Clearfield, Curwensville, Philipsburg, and Moshannon Valley, PA

The Progress Home >> Thursday, February 14, 2013 - Hearing continued in rape case

  News Department
  Sports Department
  Classified Advertising
  Legal Advertising
  Display (Retail) Advertising
  Circulation Department
  Death Notices

Forms and Submissions
  Submission Forms

More than just news...
  Looking for information?

Site Tools

Other Links
  News Related Links
  Business Related Links

Search Site


Johnson Motors - 877-816-0659
Hearing continued in rape case
Thursday, February 14, 2013
By Jeff Corcino Staff Writer
Magisterial District Judge James Hawkins delayed the preliminary hearing of a Curwensville man accused of raping a 13-year old girl for one week.
Jeremie T. Suhoney Sr., 38, is charged with rape/forcible compulsion, rape/threat of forcible compulsion, statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse/forcible compulsion, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse/threat forcible compulsion, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse/person less than 16-years-old, sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault without consent, aggravated indecent assault two counts, indecent assault three counts, endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors.
Hawkins approved the continuance at yesterday's session of Centralized Court to allow Suhoney more time to acquire legal counsel.
According to the affidavit of probable cause, on Feb. 2, the victim said she was supposed to go to her grandmother's house but instead asked her mother to take her to Suhoney's residence on Walnut Street instead to "hang out" with a 12-year-old boy and his 8-year-old brother.
While there she said when she was watching the boys play video games when Suhoney walked by her and smacked her on the rear end and said it made her feel uncomfortable.
She said they then watched a movie and later she and the two other children got into a pillow fight upstairs in the bedroom. She said Suhoney joined in the pillow fight and tackled her on the bed. She told him to stop and he did.
Later on, when everyone else was downstairs she saw Suhoney in his bedroom crying. She said she went in the room sat down next to him on the bed and asked him what was wrong. She said Suhoney told her about some familial problems he was having. She said she started crying as well and gave him a small hug.
She said she tried to get up several times but Suhoney kept pulling her back down on the bed. Eventually Suhoney got up and went to the bathroom and she left and went into the other bedroom with the other children. She said they played video games and "hung out" until about 2:30 a.m. when the other children went to sleep.
The victim said she left the bedroom to go downstairs and sleep on the couch when Suhoney offered to let her sleep on the bed and he would sleep on the couch, she agreed and laid down on the bed.
At about 3 a.m. Suhoney entered the room and lay down next to her. She said he began kissing her and removing her clothes and began performing a sex act on her. She said she told him "Wait, don't do this," but he replied, "You'll have fun," and continued.
She said she tried to push him away but he continued to fondle her and then raped her. While he was raping her she said she asked him "Why are you doing this?" and he replied, "I thought you wanted this." And she replied by saying "No, I didn't."
She said Suhoney also forced her to perform a sex act on him and raped her again afterward.
The victim said she became dizzy and might have blacked out.
The next thing she said she remembers is waking up at approximately 7:30 a.m. naked on his bed with Suhoney next to her with his arms across her chest. She asked him "Where am I?" and he told her she was at his house.
She said she got up, went to the bathroom and got dressed. She said Suhoney went downstairs and she lay back down and went to sleep until about 8 a.m. when her father arrived to pick her up.
The following Monday, two of the victim's friends saw her on the school bus on the way to school. They said she appeared to be upset about something but she told them she did not want to talk about it. The two said they are close friends with the victim and continued to ask her about it and she eventually told them that Suhoney had raped her.
The girl gave a written statement to the school nurse and Curwensville High School Principal William Hayward reported the incident. Officer Mark Kelly responded and the girl was taken to the DuBois Regional Medical Center where a rape kit was performed.
When interviewed by police, the girl said she did not consent to having sex with Suhoney and said he had forced himself on her.
On Feb. 6, police interviewed Suhoney. During the interview Suhoney admitted to having sexual intercourse with the girl but said he thought the girl was 18 or 19 and said it wasn't like she said it was. When asked, he said he never asked the girl what her age was.
Suhoney is incarcerated in the Clearfield County Jail in lieu of $100,000 straight bail.
C. Classic Dodge - Chrysler - Jeep - 814-