Curwensville Days car show winners noted|
Monday, July 23, 2012
CURWENSVILLE - The Curwensville Days antique and classic car show committee has announced the winners of Saturday's 2012 Curwensville Days car show held at Irvin Park, Curwensville.
• Class 1, stock cars through 1944: Easton Graham, Clearfield, first place, 1935 Ford; and Don Snedden, DuBois, second, 1930 Model A Ford.
• Class 2, stock cars 1945-1954: Richard and Joanne Tokarcick, Brockway, first, 1950 Ford; and James Zwolski, Curwensville, second, 1950 Plymouth.
• Class 3, stock cars 1955-1960: Bob Harnish, Curwensville, first, 1957 Chevrolet pickup truck; Neil Bumbarger, Curwensville, second, 1955 Oldsmobile; and John Watson, Hastings, third, 1955 Chevrolet.
• Class 4, stock cars 1961-1965: Cindy Brickley and Glen Frank, Mill Hall, first, 1965 Ford Mustang; and Vince Humenay, Morrisdale, second, 1965 Ford Thunderbird;
• Class 5, stock cars 1966-1971: Clifford Hullihen, New Millport, first, 1969 Ford Mustang; Ed Brum, Coalport, second, 1970 Cherolet Monte Carlo; and Rick Beausinger, Glen Richey, third, 1967 Chevelle.
• Class 6, stock cars 1972-1987: Pat Carfley, Curwensville, first, 1982 Chevrolet Monte Carlo; Dick Yarger, Osceola Mills, second, 1987 Buick Grand National; and Church and Michelle Hetrick, no address available, third, 1981 Chevrolet Corvette.
• Class 7, stock cars 1988-present: Brian Ellenberger, Falls Creek, first, 2005 Chevrolet Corvette; Bill and Connie Dyssard, Clearfield, second, 2011 Ford Mustang; and Carol Bauman, Curwensville, third, 2002 Chevrolet Corvette.
• Class 8, stock trucks through 1978: John Ripka, Bellefonte, first, 1974 Ford pickup truck; and Frank Swartz, Ginter, second, 1959 Chevrolet El Camino.
• Class 9, stock trucks 1979-present: Nicole Barquist, Coalport, first, 2008 Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck; Richard Yarger, West Decatur, second, 1986 Chevrolet Silverado; and Justin Bennett, Clearfield, third, 2010 Chevrolet Silverado.
• Class 10, modified custom vehicles 1949-1964: Janiel Daniel, Madera, first, 1964 Ford Falcon; and Rod Duttry, Punxsutawney, second, 1962 Ford Falcon.
• Class 11, modified custom vehicles 1965-1975: Schenley Himes, DuBois, first, 1966 Chevrolet II Nova; Scott Watson, DuBois, second, 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle; and Rick Frantz, Reynoldsville, third, 1972 Chevrolet Nova.
• Class 12, modified custom vehicles 1976-1995: Paul Painter, Curwensville, first, 1999 Ford Mustang; Doug Slother, West Decatur, second, 1989 Chevrolet Camaro; and John Welch, Warren, third, 1990 Ford Mustang GT.
• Class 13, two-wheel drive modified trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles through 2000: Ed Lanzoni, DuBois, first, 1952 Ford F1 truck; Sonny Taylor, Philipsburg, second, 1950 Chevrolet van; and Richard Yarger II, West Decatur, third, 1986 Chevrolet Silverado.
• Class 14, four-wheel drive modified trucks, vans and SUVs through 2000: Steve Clark, Olanta, first, 1974 Ford Bronco.
• Class 15, special interest vehicles through 2000: Brandon Witherite, Curwensville, Suzuki motorcycle.
• Class 16, special interest vehicles 2001-present: Sean Russell, Reynoldsville, first, 2012 Hyundai Genesis; Denver Hampton, Newport, second, 2009 Yamaha V-Star; and Sherry Litzinger, Curwensville, third, 2006 Suzuki Boulevard.
• Class 17, street rods through 1948: Dave Gnan, St. Marys, first, Ford Model A street rod; and Paul Fletcher, West Virginia, second, 1931 Ford Model T Bucket T.
The Curwensville Days president's award was presented to Larry and Shirley Lewis of Rochester Mills for their 1970 Mustang.