Judge Cherry presides at motions court session|
Monday, July 09, 2012
Clearfield County Judge Paul E. Cherry presided over a session of motions court June 19.
• Lori A. Osti, 35, St. Marys, had a motion for reconsideration of sentence denied. In April, she was ordered to serve 11 1/2 months to two years less one day in Clearfield County Jail on a charge of driving under the influence.
• Elliot Davis, 25, 1107 Willow Drive, Clearfield, had a motion to reduce bail granted. He is charged with forgery and related charges, and had been incarcerated in CCJ since April 19 in lieu of $10,000 bail. The Court set bail at $10,000 unsecured but supervised.
• Jeremy A. May, 55, 15 S. Highland St., DuBois, had a motion for nominal bail denied. He is charged with unlawful restraint and has been incarcerated since Nov. 25, 2011, in lieu of $25,000 bail. The charges stem from an incident Nov. 25, 2011, when he allegedly tied and gagged a four-year-old girl with rope and took photos of her, and then sent them to her grandmother with a caption that read, "this is what happens when they don't listen." His attorney told the Court that he had been incarcerated for 210 days, and under rule 600, deserves to have nominal bail granted.
• Marcus McCoy, 28, CCJ, had a motion to withdraw plea granted. He is charged with fleeing or attempting to elude police and signed a plea agreement for 30 days May 30. The Court instructed the defense that a 30-day plea agreement is no longer an option.
• Matthew J. Upton, 31, CCJ, had a petition to lift bench warrant granted and petition to reinstate bail denied. He is charged with theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property. Upton failed to report for criminal call May 17, resulting in a bench warrant and bail being revoked. He told the Court that he failed to appear because he did not receive notice.
• Scott E. Buck, 48, 136 Allegheny St., Curwensville, had a motion for extension of time for filing omnibus pretrial motions granted. He was given 60 days to file any motions. He is charged with DUI.
• Raymond J. Savel, 75, 1582 Cataract Road, Pottersdale, had a motion for extension of time for filing omnibus pretrial motions granted. He was given 60 days to file any motions. He is charged with DUI.
• Douglas P. Frampton, 28, 4639 Fisher Road, Strattonville, had a motion for early termination of supervision granted. In April 2011, he was placed on two years' ARD on a charge of recklessly endangering another person.
• Lorne E. Mesa Peters, 40, 116 Palmer St., Clearfield, had an omnibus pretrial motion granted. The Court ordered the preliminary hearing transcript be filed by today and all briefs due by July 27. He is charged with DUI.
• Jessica R. Kromer, 26, 223 E. Main St., Big Run, had a commonwealth motion to revoke bail granted. She is charged with forgery and was recently arrested on a charge of DUI.