G-P-B Festival Parade winners announced|
Monday, July 02, 2012
GRAMPIAN - Saturday's parade for the Grampian-Penn-Bloom Festival and Homecoming was devoted to two long-time members of the Grampian-Penn-Bloom Fire Co. The fire company is the parade sponsor.
The families of Mike Charles and Travis Dilts received plaques from fire company representatives. Barbara McCracken, parade coordinator, said the two firefighters' deaths "left a hole in us that I don't think can ever be filled" as she listed each man's contributions to the company and the community.
Winners from Saturday's parade were announced by the parade committee. They are:
• marching bands, Curwensville Area High School, first place; and Curwensville Area Junior High School, second.
• floats, Greenville Church of the Brethren, "Jesus the Reason for the Season," first; and St. Paul's United Methodist Church, "Santa's Christmas Prayer," Grampian, second.
• baton and twirling units, Hyde Firecrackers, first; and Shooting Stars, second.
• tractors, Chris Heuser, first and second.
• antique tractors, John Williamson Jr., first; and Cody Reed, second.
• classic cars, Rebecca Dickey, first.
• antique cars, John McDonald, first; and Jim Zwolski, second.
• classic trucks, Jesse Zorger, first; and Tom Spingola, second.
• antique trucks, Drexel Pentz, first; and George Decker, second.
• tri-axle trucks, Audie Pentz, first.
• animals, Katelyn McCracken, pony with cart, first.
• fire engine pumper, Community Volunteer Fire Dept. of Mahaffey, first; and Houtzdale Fire Co., second.
• fire engine brush truck, Clearfield Fire Co., first; and the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Smokey Bear, second.
• rescue truck, Rescue Hose and Ladder Co. of Curwensville, first.
• tanker truck, Drexel Pentz, first.
• fire engine ladder truck, Hyde Fire Co., first.