July 4 events slated at Prince Gallitzin|
Saturday, June 30, 2012
FLINTON - There will be a daylong music event and beach party at Prince Gallitzin State Park on Wednesday from 1-7 p.m. at the main beach area.
The event is sponsored by First Commonwealth Bank and will benefit the Patton Library. It will be held rain or shine.
Event organizers said there is a pavilion at the beach and there are 36 picnic tables around the pavilion to use, or event goers can take a chair of their own and an easy up to keep out of either the rain or sun and to be close to the groups. There will be food, drinks and ice cream at the pavilion.
In addition, visitors can go to a nearby grill, take a swim in the lake, play volleyball, go fishing, play in the sand, or walk or hike.
There are changing rooms, restrooms and showers available.
The music entertainment schedule is as follows:
• 1 p.m., 1950s rock and an Elvis tribute by Jerry Carnicella and the White Shadow Reunion Band.
• 2 p.m., early 60s and Beach Music Ventures, Beach Boys, Safaris, etc.
• 3 p.m., Stompin Live Country Music - Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willy Nelson, John Denver, etc.
• 4 p.m., The Beatlemaniacs - All live Beatles tribute, "The best Beatles tribute band in the Pennsylvania," led by Bob Helbig of My Solo Beatles.
• 5 p.m., tribute to Woodstock, the 60s, 70s and 80s.
• 6 p.m., reunion of musicians play the best of the Rock and Roll era - members and former members of the Flashbacks, U.S. Sound Theatre, Beaus of Beethoven, White Shadow, The Boomers, S. Dakota Farm, The Liars, RPH and P.T. Cruiser.