The Progressive Publishing Company
Our 100th Year Serving Clearfield, Curwensville, Philipsburg, and Moshannon Valley, PA

The Progress Home >> News Department

Departments
  News Department
    +News Specific Departments
  Sports Department
  Classified Advertising
  Legal Advertising
  Display (Retail) Advertising
  Circulation Department

Death Notices

Forms and Submissions
  Submission Forms

More than just news...
  Current Classified Ads
  Looking for information?
  Supplies For Sale

Site Tools

Other Links
  News Related Links
  Business Related Links


Search Site







The Progress News Department

The Progress is the source for local news, sports, entertainment, and economic development. We pride ourselves for our extensive local coverage. We are an award-winning newspaper in news, classified and display advertising categories.

The Progress is a 14,000-circulation, mid-day published newspaper, dedicated to the coverage of all of Clearfield County and parts of Centre County. We are a privately owned company, one of the few left in existence in the United States. Larger companies now own most newspapers. Our company employs approximately 100 employees. We do not print a Sunday or holiday edition.

Our main office is located in Clearfield, where it has been since the paper began operating in 1913 as The Clearfield Progress. When former Publisher W.K. Ulerich purchased the facility in 1945, expansion into other areas of the county resulted in a name change to The Progress.

The Progress employs reporters and correspondents who are responsible for gathering and writing local news stories from Clearfield County and parts of Centre County and the Moshannon Valley areas. These stories range from current events, such as the area school boards and local government meetings to police activity and court proceedings, to community-sponsored events, such as the Clearfield County Fair and other local festivities and events.

Reporters work out of the Clearfield office as well as two of our satellite offices – Philipsburg and Curwensville.